Drupal Developer (f/m/x)
Are you tired of working at a megacorp? Do you want to forget about hierarchal structures and bureaucracy and instead build a ground-up idea with a few colleagues? Are you eager to develop software with an API at the core, in a bigger and more powerful context? If you have not yet said 'yes' to some or all of these questions, then please probably not apply! We have a challenge, a vision, and a few wishes.
We want to be useful. We want to develop projects that touch the lives of many people and that they are deeply in love with. We want to be able to develop early and 'release often'. We want to experience a high degree of independence. We want to be left to grow as best we can, individually and together. We don't want to be just extended arms of bigger cooperations in which we can't do our things. We want to build applications that are robust, beautiful, and useful. We want to create something that many people will use and be intensely interested in.
Do you want to work with us on one of these challenges? Ok, then come and tell us something about yourself!
VUCX develops projects around the area of Digital Transformation. To support our team, we are looking for a programmer (f/m/x) in the field of Drupal, web programming, and cloud (RESTful Services and APIs) with a good feeling for code.
If you are interested in exciting software projects and a responsible position with a high degree of independence, development opportunities, and a lot of freedom in a very family-friendly house full of creative minds, we are looking forward to your application.
We work on a dual mode of operation - via remote or in our traffic friendly located loft in the middle of Cologne. The position can initially also be part-time.
- Design and development of web service backends with PHP, AJAX, Java, SQL, Drupal (Symfony a plus)
- Analysis and improvement of the efficiency, performance, scalability, and stability of our services
- Use and implementation of agile software development, design patterns, unit and integration testing, version control, and continuous integration / continuous delivery management
- Finding and communicating best practice solutions, participating in and organizing team workshops
- Several years of experience with Drupal 7 (modules, hooks, entities, templating, integration of external applications, etc.)
- Drupal 8 knowledge a plus
- Experience in database programming (preferably with the Symfony framework)
- Several years of experience in performance optimization and scaling
- Profound knowledge of search engines using SOLR a plus
- You like open source, good & clean code.
- You are not afraid of web services and standards.
- You want to learn more.
- Excellent knowledge of English in word and language (German a plus)
- Terms such as MVC frameworks, cloud services, GIT are not unfamiliar to you.
We look forward to receiving your application only if you are familiar with the above-mentioned requirements and would be happy to receive samples of your work (StackOverflow, Git, GitHub, GitLab, BitBucket, etc.) as well as your salary expectations via mail to email@example.com
VUCX has set itself the goal of increasing the proportion of women and strongly encourages women to apply.
Our job postings are exclusively for people who apply directly to VUCX.
We kindly ask outsourcing agencies, staffing agencies, or recruiters to avoid unsolicited candidate suggestions or cooperation requests.
For ease of reading, a gender-specific language may be used in this job advertisement for personal nouns and pronouns. However, this does not imply any discrimination of the sexes but should be understood as gender-neutral in the sense of linguistic simplification.
Here you can find more information about Symfony Agency and Drupal Agency.