Front-end Developer (f/m/x)
Are you tired of working at a megacorp? Do you want to forget about hierarchal structures and bureaucracy and instead build a ground-up idea with a few colleagues? Are you eager to develop software with an API at the core, in a bigger and more powerful context? If you have not yet said 'yes' to some or all of these questions, then please probably not apply! We have a challenge, a vision, and a few wishes.
We want to be useful. We want to develop projects that touch the lives of many people and that they are deeply in love with. We want to be able to develop early and 'release often'. We want to experience a high degree of independence. We want to be left to grow as best we can, individually and together. We don't want to be just extended arms of bigger cooperations in which we can't do our things. We want to build applications that are robust, beautiful, and useful. We want to create something that many people will use and be intensely interested in.
Do you want to work with us on one of these challenges? Ok, then come and tell us something about yourself!
VUCX develops projects around the topic of digital transformation. To support our team at our Cologne location, we are looking for a programmer in web programming and cloud services (RESTful services and APIs) with a good instinct for code.
We work on a dual model - via remote or in our conveniently located loft in the middle of Cologne. The position can initially also be part-time.
If you are interested in exciting software projects and a responsible position with a high degree of independence, development opportunities and a lot of freedom in a very family-friendly house full of creative minds, we look forward to receiving your application.
- Conceptual design, new and continuing development as well as continuous adaptation of frontends of existing and new applications
- Integration and migration of applications to a modern cloud-native platform (Docker, Kubernetes, GitLab CI)
- Responsibility for software design, programming, code reviews, testing, continuous integration / continuous delivery management and maintenance
- Long-term knowledge sharing and collaborative progress through code reviews
- Analysis and improvement of efficiency, performance, scalability and stability of our services
- Use and implement agile software development and design patterns
- Find and communicate best practice solutions, participate in team workshops and organize such workshops yourself
- Experience with version control systems (GIT) as well as web services (REST). GraphQL a plus
- Advanced experience in performance optimization and scaling
- Drupal or WordPress knowledge a plus
- Proficient with Google tag manager a plus
- You like open source, good & clean code
- You are not afraid of web services and standards
- You want to learn
- Very good German and English language skills
- You are familiar with terms such as MVC frameworks, augmented reality, cloud services, etc.
We look forward to receiving your application only, stating your level of knowledge of the above requirements with samples of your work (StackOverflow, Git, GitHub, GitLab, BitBucket, etc.), earliest entry date and salary expectations via mail to: email@example.com
VUCX aims to increase its percentage of women and strongly encourages women to apply.
For reasons of easier readability, a gender-specific form of language may be used in this job posting for personal nouns and pronouns. However, this does not imply any discrimination against gender but is intended to be understood as gender-neutral in the interests of linguistic simplification.
Outsourcing agencies, recruitment agencies or recruiters are kindly requested to refrain from unsolicited candidate proposals or cooperation requests.