Web Developer (f/m/x)
VUCX develops projects around the topic of digital transformation. To support our team at our Cologne location, we are looking for a programmer (f/m/d) in web programming and cloud services (RESTful services and APIs) with a good instinct for code.
If you are interested in exciting software projects and a responsible position with a high degree of independence, development opportunities, and a lot of freedom in a very family-friendly house full of creative minds, we look forward to receiving your application.
Innovation, curiosity, a roll-up-your-sleeves mentality, and fun are the core values of our agency. We promote creative thinking far beyond the mainstream and continuously develop individual talents.
VUCX offers a work-learn-life balance that is worthy of the name. Flexible employment models, remote work, and working hours allow valuable breathing space for your life away from the computer. Part of your working time is available for continuous professional development.
- Design and development of cloud-first backends
- Analysis and improvement of efficiency, performance, scalability, and stability of services
- Quality assurance through code review and automated testing (unit and integration testing)
- Implementation and usage of continuous delivery methods
- Find and communicate best-practice solutions and participate in team workshops
You have several years of experience in
- Programming and software design
- Database design and management
- Performance optimization and scaling
- Speaking English in a professional and technical environment
Your expertise has a large overlap with our core tech stack or similar technologies
- PHP LTS
- Symfony LTS
- Node.js LTS
- GitLab for versioning, DevOps, and QA
- ESNext (stage 3 and above)
- Webpack and Vite.js
Bonus Points for experience with
- Standard self-hosted CMS like Drupal, Typo3, and WordPress
- Modern content-first and self-hosted headless CMS like Strapi and Cockpit (or others)
- Modern content-first and hosted CMS like Storyblok, Kontent.ai, and Sanity
- Search engines like Apache Solr, Elasticsearch
- Linux OS (any) and shell scripting
- Web Accessibility and SEO
- Very good knowledge of English in word and language, German a plus
What we bring
- All projects have containerized development environments with fake data and automated workflows
- A focus on developer experience and growth
- Team discussions and communal decisions for processes that concern your work
- Interdisciplinary team workshops and learning opportunities
- A versatile tech stack with common approaches and best practices
We look forward to receiving your application only, stating your level of knowledge of the above requirements with samples of your work (StackOverflow, Git, GitHub, GitLab, BitBucket, etc.), earliest entry date, and salary expectations via mail to: email@example.com.
VUCX aims to increase its percentage of women and strongly encourages women to apply.
For reasons of easier readability, a gender-specific form of language may be used in this job posting for personal nouns and pronouns. However, this does not imply any discrimination against gender but is intended to be understood as gender-neutral in the interests of linguistic simplification.
Our job postings are exclusively for people who apply directly to VUCX.
We kindly ask outsourcing agencies, staffing agencies, or recruiters to avoid unsolicited candidate suggestions or cooperation requests.