Full Stack Developer (f/m/x)
Are you tired of working at a megacorp? Do you want to forget about hierarchal structures and bureaucracy and instead build a ground-up idea with a few colleagues? Are you eager to develop software with an API at the core, in a bigger and more powerful context? If you have not yet said 'yes' to some or all of these questions, then please probably not apply! We have a challenge, a vision, and a few wishes.
We want to be useful. We want to develop projects that touch the lives of many people and that they are deeply in love with. We want to be able to develop early and 'release often'. We want to experience a high degree of independence. We want to be left to grow as best we can, individually and together. We don't want to be just extended arms of bigger cooperations in which we can't do our things. We want to build applications that are robust, beautiful, and useful. We want to create something that many people will use and be intensely interested in.
Do you want to work with us on one of these challenges? Ok, then come and tell us something about yourself!
VUCX develops projects around the topic of digital transformation. To support our team at our Cologne location, we are looking for a programmer in web programming and cloud services (RESTful services and APIs) with a good instinct for code.
We work on a dual model - via remote or in our conveniently located loft in the middle of Cologne. The position can initially also be part-time.
If you are interested in exciting software projects and a responsible position with a high degree of independence, development opportunities and a lot of freedom in a very family-friendly house full of creative minds, we look forward to receiving your application.
- Design and development of cloud-first backends with PHP, AJAX, Java, SQL, Symfony
- Analyze and improve the efficiency, performance, scalability and stability of our services
- Use and implementation of agile software development, design patterns, unit and integration testing, version control and continuous integration / continuous delivery management
- Find and communicate best-practice solutions, participate in team workshops and organize such workshops themselves
You have several years of experience in:
- Programming and software design
- Database design and management
- Performance optimisation and scaling
- Communication in English in a professional and technical environment
Your area of expertise overlaps heavily with our core tech stack or similar technologies:
- PHP LTS
- Symfony LTS
- Node.js LTS
- GitLab for versioning, DevOps and QA
- ESNext (stage 3 and higher)
- Webpack and Vite.js
Bonus points for experience with:
- Self-hosted standard CMS like Drupal, Typo3 and WordPress
- Modern content-first and self-hosted headless CMS like Strapi, Storyblok, Kontent.ai, Sanity or Cockpit (or others)
- Search engines like Apache Solr, Elasticsearch
- Linux OS (all) and shell scripting
- Web accessibility and SEO
- Very good English language skills, German a plus
What we bring to the table:
- All projects have containerized development environments with test data and automated workflows
- A focus on the developer experience and development potential
- Team discussions and shared decision making for processes that affect your work
- Interdisciplinary team workshops and learning opportunities
- A diverse tech stack with common approaches and best practices
- a workplace with the latest computer technology (Mac or Windows, depending on your preference)
- freedom for your own ideas in a very family-friendly house full of creative minds
- flexible working: Flexitime and the possibility to work location-independent
- constant drive for innovation with startup character
- flat hierarchies in a professional and international team
- job ticket
- collegial open-plan office in the heart of Cologne
- water, tea, coffee & fruit flat rate
- Learning & Development: individual development opportunities and regular feedback meetings
- Regular company and team events as well as creative sessions
- Promotion of leadership ambitions and qualities
- Good work-learn-life balance
Career opportunity as a Head of Development
VUCX is always looking for motivated talents who want to develop not only professionally but also personally.
If you have ambitions to take responsibility in a future leadership position and continue your career as a Head of Development, we are currently offering you a unique opportunity.
We especially encourage young people who want to develop their leadership skills and take on responsibility to apply. VUCX supports your personal and professional development through individual coaching, courses and other learning opportunities. Our VUCX//academy represents our commitment to continuous learning and growth to keep our team at the forefront of trends and technologies.
As part of our diverse, agile and creative culture, you will have the opportunity to develop your leadership skills and lead our team of professionals to technical excellence.
Together we will create VUCX WOW! effects and deliver memorable brand experiences for our clients.
Be inspired by our success story and join a team that is constantly evolving to meet the demands of the fast-paced digital landscape.
Take this opportunity to unlock your potential as a future leader at VUCX and actively participate in shaping our collective future.
We look forward to receiving your application only, stating your level of knowledge of the above requirements with samples of your work (StackOverflow, Git, GitHub, GitLab, BitBucket, etc.), earliest entry date and salary expectations via mail to: email@example.com
VUCX aims to increase its percentage of women and strongly encourages women to apply.
For reasons of easier readability, a gender-specific form of language may be used in this job posting for personal nouns and pronouns. However, this does not imply any discrimination against gender but is intended to be understood as gender-neutral in the interests of linguistic simplification.