Trainee (f/m/x) programming and development
Are you tired of working at a megacorp? Do you want to forget about hierarchal structures and bureaucracy and instead build a ground-up idea with a few colleagues? Are you eager to develop software with an API at the core, in a bigger and more powerful context? If you have not yet said 'yes' to some or all of these questions, then please probably not apply! We have a challenge, a vision, and a few wishes.
We want to be useful. We want to develop projects that touch the lives of many people and that they are deeply in love with. We want to be able to develop early and 'release often'. We want to experience a high degree of independence. We want to be left to grow as best we can, individually and together. We don't want to be just extended arms of bigger cooperations in which we can't do our things. We want to build applications that are robust, beautiful, and useful. We want to create something that many people will use and be intensely interested in.
Do you want to work with us on one of these challenges? Ok, then come and tell us something about yourself!
VUCX develops projects around the topic of digital transformation. To support our team at our Cologne location, we are looking for a programmer in web programming and cloud services (RESTful services and APIs) with a good instinct for code.
We work on a dual model - via remote or in our conveniently located loft in the middle of Cologne. The position can initially also be part-time.
If you are interested in exciting software projects and a responsible position with a high degree of independence, development opportunities and a lot of freedom in a very family-friendly house full of creative minds, we look forward to receiving your application.
- Design and development of web service backends with PHP, AJAJ, Java, SQL, Symfony
- Analysis and improvement of the efficiency, performance, scalability, and stability of our services
- Use and implementation of agile software development, design patterns, unit and integration testing, version control, and continuous integration / continuous delivery management
- Finding and communicating best practice solutions, participating in and organizing team workshops
- First experiences in database programming (preferably with the framework Symfony)
- First experiences in performance optimization and scaling
- You like open source, good & clean code
- You are not afraid of web services and standards
- You want to learn more
- Very good knowledge of German or English in word and language
- Terms such as MVC frameworks, augmented reality, cloud services are not foreign to you
Please do apply under indication of the knowledge levels of the above-mentioned requirements, salary, and with work samples via mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
VUCX has set itself the goal of increasing the proportion of women and strongly encourages women to apply.
We work on a dual principle - via remote or in our conveniently located loft in the middle of Cologne. The position can initially also be part-time.
For reasons of easier readability, a gender-specific language form may be used in this job advertisement for personal nouns and pronouns. However, this does not imply any discrimination of gender but should be understood as gender-neutral in the sense of linguistic simplification.